Welcome

If you like to read, write, blog, talk or just share ideas and info about good books, welcome to my blog. Let your friends know about me and my books - and let me know what you'd like to read about!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Another busy weekend! I flew to North Carolina for a wedding and family reunion. While in Chapel Hill I went into a book store and had a chance to browse through the new graphic novel of A WRINKLE IN TIME , originally written by Madeleine L'Engle and newly adapted/illustrated by Hope Larson. I was wary at first, since this novel was perhaps one of my very favorites as a child. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the new version was just as entertaining - and moving - as the original. The characters of Meg, Charles Wallace and Calvin were depicted as I remembered them, but the predominantly blue tint to all of the illustrations seemed a little bland. Larson's interpretation of the story itself was spot on, although she did make a few changes to the original story. Oftentimes, I found the illustrations not to be as scary as my own imagination, but the planet of Camazotz was perhaps even more disturbing than I had envisioned it. I would highly recommend this book, especially to anyone who has not read the original, and I admire the time and care that were put into this graphic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment