Welcome

If you like to read, write, blog, talk or just share ideas and info about good books, welcome to my blog. Let your friends know about me and my books - and let me know what you'd like to read about!

Monday, October 29, 2012

I had a wonderful time visiting two elementary schools in Antioch, California, this past week, presenting three assemblies and then conducting a "mini-workshop" for a select group of students in the school library. Many of the students at Jack London Elementary School made dioramas of  my books and displayed them in the library. All of the teachers made a variety of pies to celebrate "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie." They were yummy! At Lone Tree Elementary School, the teachers provided a potluck luncheon with a Western theme, in honor of "Desert Rose and her Hifalutin' Hog." The students decorated the cafeteria with "recipes" of themselves, much like the recipe for Evie on the jacket flap of "Eggs Over Evie." All in all, it was an exciting and fun two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment